Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Living The Dream


Ah, but it was only a dream....

*Sigh*
I have been trying to get this house clean for months it seems, but I should remember this sound advice~

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing." --Phyllis Diller

Yesterday evening I spent 2 hours cleaning the top of my refrigerator, and the space above my microwave. (It is set in a little nook {not built in} above the stove and there is a storage shelf over it).

The problem was a potent mixture of grease (it is right over the stove), cat hair, and red Kool-Aid powder... I really truly hate Kool-Aid, you open a little packet of it and *Poof* a tiny invisible cloud of red dust billows out the top and settle lightly on everything in the kitchen. When I wipe down my cabinets it is like they are bleeding.... ICK!. Anyway, this mixture of Kool-Aid and grease was especially resistant to a simple wipe down. so I had to stand on a chair and scrub, scrub, scrub. The 409 fumes about knocked me out!!

I think I will limit my Kool-Aid purchases to lemonade only from here on out.

and don't forget:
The"Best way to get rid of kitchen odors: Eat out." --Phyllis Diller ;)

~Laurie

No comments: